Volunteer as a Vietnamese Teaching Fellow
Ideal for Vietnamese university students looking to gain teaching experience and mentor-ship from experienced teachers.
- Must be a Vietnamese university student studying to become a teacher
- Junior or Senior in university
- Strong level of English speaking, reading, writing and listening
- Most meals throughout the week
- Transportation to and from the airport and sites
- Mid-program weekend retreat to a major city
What is not included?
- Travel to the sites
(scholarship opportunities will be available mid-April and based on merit and need)
- Travel Insurance
- Local travel
- Leisure activities
- Medical expenses
Priority Deadline: February 28th, 2017
Final Deadline: March 20th, 2017
DEADLINE EXTENDED: March 31st, 2017
Acceptance Notification: April 15th, 2017
Commitment Forms Due: April 20th, 2017
See "Calendar" for more information of deadlines and program dates.
All applicants must provide the documents requested on the official application form. You will not be able to save the application and return to it if not completed in one sitting. Allow yourself approximately one hour to complete the application. You will need the following information to complete the form:
- Status of your passport
- Name as it appears on your passport
- Names and phone numbers of two references
- Sample lesson plan
- Educational background with dates and institutions
- One letter of recommendation
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Orientation, workshop, and/or team planning sessions will take place after all teachers and fellows have been selected. Participants will be notified of the dates and times of orientation meetings conducted via Skype or Viber.